Monday, September 1, 2014

A Classic Unit Revamped.

It's been a few weeks since I posted, but that does not mean I've been dormant.  I have a number of big projects I'm working on that will be revealed at the right time.  For now, they shall remain in the dark.

One of those projects is now done, the re-vamp of the Warp Spiders.  When I first came up with this color scheme it was in 2nd edition and I thought it would be cool to give them a scheme that made it look like they were frost based, since they had template weapons but weren't firing fire.  The scheme was ok at the time, but hasn't held up.  Now that i'm working to redo the bases for most of my force I took the chance to also redo their paint scheme to something more related to the classic colors, and to add two more members to the unit.

I've included a pic of what they used to look like:


And the current look:


One exarch has gone dormant and his shrine returns to rest, yet another shrine awakens once again.  They are the Shrine of Khaine's Wrath, and the rune on the banner represents Isha, Khaine, and Vaul, in that drama which resulted in the crippling of Vaul.  I'm hoping the new, brighter colors will mean I remember to move them in both the movement and assault phases now, as it has often been something I forget about with this unit.


No comments:

Post a Comment