Tuesday, April 19, 2022

The Avatar Resurgent

With the release of a new Aeldari codex I have not been idle. I’ve been working to update bases for existing units while taking time to crank out some of the new stuff that’s come out. The most notable of these has been the new Avatar of Khaine kit.

While my painting skills are not as capable as they once were, due to the challenges associated with being on the wrong side of 40, I’ve been experimenting with new techniques and new paints to help bridge the gap. The result is after 45 hours of painting an Avatar I’ll be happy to put on the table:

As much as I’ve enjoyed the look of the original avatar design I really loved the new options as well. Since I couldn’t quite decide what option I liked the most I broke out the old Dremmel and magnets and got to work, ensuring I could swap it around as I see fit, even during a game, emblematic of the Avatar shifting forms to correspond with the profile being used for an attack.


While I’m not 100% certain which one is my favourite, I think I’m proudest of the bare head, as I was very uncertain that the final product would be worthy of the model, and it’s such a dynamic and different option compared to either helmets.



If you stumbled upon this blog, hopefully you like what you see and and you’ll be inspired to pick up your own Avatar and get in the thick of it with your painting!





No comments:

Post a Comment