Sunday, November 16, 2014

Spring Thaw

7 months to the day that I completed revamping the Guardian Defender unit Winter's Wrath, I have completed revamping and expanding Spring Thaw.  I've sized up the unit to a full 20 man squad, revamped the highlighting and basing and changed the breastplates to be bone white to make the unit visually stand out more.  In two weeks time I have an Apocalypse game scheduled, and I made two lists... one that worked entirely with models that are painted, and one that forced me to finally complete my work on this unit and also paint two more Farseers.  I still need to get the Farseers done, but this unit, which has been hanging over my head for quite some time, and had been put aside for shinier projects, is done.  Below I have an image of the original way they looked for comparison to the revamped look.

Even though my horde of infantry will probably die very fast I hope it looks truly impressive on the table before getting churned to little pink clouds of mist.









No comments:

Post a Comment