Friday, February 24, 2017

Yvraine: The Emissary of Ynnead

Another week passed and Another member of the Triumverate is completed.  In this case Yvraine.  I'm a big fan of the model as I really like its  over the top elegance.  To keep the model as a unifying choice between the factions I opted to use some of the blood technical paint to help it bridge the gap.  I gave it a second coating post Matte spray in order to keep it glistening and fresh looking.  In reference to her arc in the book I made her left hand, the restored hand, coloured with the blood paint as well, almost as if it's a bridge between Ynnead and Khaine.


One of the real joys of these Ynnari models is that they allow me to splash more colour in to my force.  I've built the Visarch and I've also started the Deathworld Forest.  Seems odd to have an obviously themed terrain set that is actually deadly to the force using it as cover.  Especially considering it doesn't actually block line of sight.  In fact, I just don't know how much I like that it is so porous.  I might try to find ways to amend that issue, which would also make the terrain more tactical in its implementation.  We'll see how it goes.  In the mean time I'm back at the Triumverate and I've been crafting my first list.  






No comments:

Post a Comment